Intensive Introduction to Fusing and Slumping
Thursday, July 13 to Sunday, July 15, 2017
Instructor: Brad Walker
Whether you're a beginner or just in need to taking your fused glass hobby to the next level, this is the workshop for you! We'll spend four days covering everything from the basics to a host of intermediate techniques. And you'll leave with everything you need to design, fire, and finish fused glass projects.
Topics covered will include:
- Basic glass cutting, safety, and firing schedules
- Kilnforming equipment, from kilns to tools to coldworking
- Fusing with texture, with shine, or with a matte finish
- Slumping, draping, and other ways to shape the glass
- Troubleshooting and fixing problems
- Glass reactions
- Using metals with glass
- Creating texture in glass with kilncarving
- Using powder and frit
In addition to dozens of smaller test tiles, students will make three larger pieces that incorporate the techniques learned in the class. And by the time the workshop is over, you'll leave with a smorgasboard of new techniques and a full understanding of the art of working with glass in a kiln.
All materials provided, no experience necessary.
Four days at a bargain price: $475
$225 for the first two days only, or $295 for the last two
10:00 to 4:30 first three days, 10:00 to 3:00 last day